Become a graduate member and receive a whole range of benefits and support from Dental Protection preparing you for your future career. Graduate membership costs £15/€20 and gives you a range of benefits:
Benefits of graduate membership:
- 14 months indemnity from the date you start work
- The Class yearbook
- Dento-legal advice helpline access to our team of 55 dento-legal advisers and 100 local advisers including a 24 hour emergency helpline
- Ethics and Risk management CD ROM containing vital information to help in your exam revision and beyond
- £20 discount off Dental Update during your first year as a graduate
- Riskmatters Publication a biannual publication specifically designed for young dentists one to five years qualified
As you may be aware, all practising dentists in the UK and Ireland are now required by the IDC/GDC to have appropriate indemnity in place. To receive all the benefits of membership listed above and arrange your indemnity for foundation year, simply print off the application form and send the completed form to the freepost address.
If you have any questions regarding membership with Dental Protection, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Bradshaw is currently a second year BDS Dental Student at The University of Manchester. He finds self-motivation a key player in getting through your training in Dental school. Yet he understands far too well, that it is a lot harder when you don't understand the real reason behind the certain topics that you invest time into studying.
Final year of dental school
Reshma Ratansi is a Final Year dental student at King's College London, starting foundation training in London from September. This article provides a guide to applying students regarding what to expect and when, as a timeline. It breaks down the key components of the process and how to prepare, to make the entire application process less stressful.
Katy Martin studied at University of Sheffield and qualified in 2014. She is currently a foundation trainee in London on the UCL Eastman training scheme. Katie is starting a dental core training post in Thames Valley in September 2015.